First things first, get and read your RosarioSIS user manual.
RosarioSIS as Android & iOs app: use Chrome or Safari’s “Add to homescreen” menu.
- Parents can consult their child’s absences and grades in real-time.
- Parents are alerted when their child’s food service balance is getting low.
- Students can view their upcoming assignments in the Calendar.
- Setup polls for your students to rate their teachers at the end of school year (School Setup > Portal Polls).
- Students can easily print their time table (Scheduling > Print Schedules).
- Your school restaurant / cafeteria chef can post the menus (Food Service > Daily Menus).
- Teachers can only access the students in their class.
- Teachers can print facebooks at the beginning of school year to visually remember students (Scheduling > Print Class Pictures).
- When taking Attendance or entering Grades, teachers can pass the mouse over the student’s name to see his photo.
- Teachers can only take attendance within a certain number of days before and after the school day (School Setup > School Configuration > Attendance).
- Teachers can set default points to their Assignments, for easy grade taking.
- Teachers can enter an asterisk (*) in the gradebook to excuse a student (Grades > Grades).
- Teachers can easily share their comments on a student (Students > Student Info > Comments tab).
- Teachers can set their own grading scale if allowed (Grades > Configuration).
Consult the Helpful Tips for RosarioSIS PDF.
- Administrators can easily limit the visibility of Portal Notes to students or teachers only.
- Embed Youtube videos or attach Word / Excel documents to Portal Notes, for better communication with students.
- Get the upcoming birthdays list in one click (Students > Advanced Report).
- Be notified of new discipline referrals when you login.
- Medical folder: track visits and immunizations for each student (Students > Student Info > Medical tab).
- Easily create new fields and tabs to track psychological information for example (Students > Student Fields).
- New profiles can be created, for example for the school nurse to only access the Medical profiles of students (Users > Profiles).
- To create Parent accounts, you have 3 options:
- Create accounts manually (Users > Add a User, select “Parent” as Profile).
- Activate the “Create User Account” functionality (in School Setup > School Configuration). Parents can then create their own account. You will have to manually activate their account (first created with the “No Access” profile).
- Create Parent users using the student contacts (see Students > Student Info > Addresses & Contacts tab). You can do this using the Students > Create Parent Users program.
- Manage more than one school (a school district), with shared teachers, all within the same instance of RosarioSIS (School Setup > Add a School / Copy School).
- You can create multiple calendars, each one with its own school days. You can then associate the right calendar to distinct course periods or categories of students.
- RosarioSIS can handle a school calendar made of numbered days. For example, with a school week of 3 days (day 1, day 2, day 3).
- RosarioSIS is flexible: you can setup Marking Periods to have 4 semesters and 12 quarters.
- You have a course that runs only on certain days, without a weekly pattern? Block periods instead of classical school Periods can be setup (School Setup > Periods). Then, just select which days has the block in the Calendar. Finally, a course period can be associated to that block.
- Keep track of credit hours of each course and display them in the Transcripts (Scheduling > Courses).
- Write personalized letters to students in bulk within RosarioSIS, ready to print!
- Print year wide attendance summaries to easily spot problems of absenteeism (Attendance > Attendance Summary).
- Add your own fields to the Find a Student screen (Users > My Preferences > Student Fields).
- Easily group students to later schedule them by group:
- add a “Group” field via the Students > Student Fields program.
- Assign the groups in bulk via the Students > Group Assign Student Info program.
- Add the “Group” field to the Find a Student screen via the Users > My Preferences > Student Fields program
- Let Students add their own Class Requests: check the “Can Edit” box for the Scheduling > Requests program in Users > Profiles.
- Self registered students are not automatically enrolled, yet they cannot login. You can enrolled them in group using the Students > Group Assign Student Info program. After having Included Inactive Students in your search, fill in the Attendance Start Date this School Year field.
- Administrators can easily share links within the Resources module.
- Any module you do not use can be deactivated (School Setup > School Configuration > Modules).
- If your students already have an ID or number, RosarioSIS can let you enter it when adding a new student (Students > Add a Student).
- Password lost? You can change the password of any user or student at any time.
- Requisites to generate Report Cards:
- Each course period must be associated to a grading scale (see Scheduling > Courses > Course Periods options).
- Teachers must post final grades (see Grades > Input Final Grades). To calculate the final grade as the assignment grades average, click the “Get Gradebook Grades” link.
- Teachers are allowed to post final grades within specific dates (see School Setup > Marking Periods).
- Students Rollover is based on:
- Rolling / Retention Options (see Students > Student Info > General Info tab).
- Next Grade (see School Setup > Grade Levels > Next Grade column).
- You can upload all the students photos at once, directly in the assets/StudentPhotos/[school_year]/ folder. Just name the photos this way: 1.jpg where 1 is the student ID.
- Frame pictures can be uploaded to the assets/Frames/ folders to illustrate Honor Roll certificates.
- Food Service icons can be uploaded to the assets/FS_icons/ folder to illustrate Menu items.
- Rebrand RosarioSIS: replace RosarioSIS logo with your logo. Go to the assets/themes/WPadmin/ folder and replace the logo.png image file with your logo.
- Cannot install wkhtmltopdf? Pages will be output in HTML. Still, you can generate a PDF using your browser’s Print functionality. In Firefox, go to File > Print > Print to File and select PDF as Output format.
- Translate RosarioSIS: want to change that american english term for the one used in your locale? Create a new translation based on the locale/en_US.utf8/rosariosis.pot file and only change the terms you need.