First things first, get and read your RosarioSIS user manual.
RosarioSIS as Android & iOs app: use Chrome or Safari’s “Add to homescreen” menu.
- Parents can consult their child’s absences and grades in real-time.
- Parents are alerted when their child’s food service balance is getting low.
- Students can view their upcoming assignments in the Calendar.
- Setup polls for your students to rate their teachers at the end of school year (School Setup > Portal Polls).
- Students can easily print their time table (Scheduling > Print Schedules).
- Your school restaurant / cafeteria chef can post the menus (Food Service > Daily Menus).
- Teachers can only access the students in their class.
- Teachers can print facebooks at the beginning of school year to visually remember students (Scheduling > Print Class Pictures).
- When taking Attendance or entering Grades, teachers can pass the mouse over the student’s name to see his photo.
- Teachers can only take attendance within a certain number of days before and after the school day (School Setup > School Configuration > Attendance).
- Teachers can set default points to their Assignments, for easy grade taking.
- Teachers can enter an asterisk (*) in the gradebook to excuse a student (Grades > Grades).
- Teachers can easily share their comments on a student (Students > Student Info > Comments tab).
- Teachers can set their own grading scale if allowed (Grades > Configuration).
Consult the Helpful Tips for RosarioSIS PDF.
- Administrators can easily limit the visibility of Portal Notes to students or teachers only.
- Embed Youtube videos or attach Word / Excel documents to Portal Notes, for better communication with students.
- Get the upcoming birthdays list in one click (Students > Advanced Report).
- Be notified of new discipline referrals when you login.
- Medical folder: track visits and immunizations for each student (Students > Student Info > Medical tab).
- Easily create new fields and tabs to track psychological information for example (Students > Student Fields).
- New profiles can be created, for example for the school nurse to only access the Medical profiles of students (Users > Profiles).
- To create Parent accounts, you have 3 options:
- Create accounts manually (Users > Add a User, select “Parent” as Profile).
- Activate the “Create User Account” functionality (in School Setup > School Configuration). Parents can then create their own account. You will have to manually activate their account (first created with the “No Access” profile).
- Create Parent users using the student contacts (see Students > Student Info > Addresses & Contacts tab). You can do this using the Students > Create Parent Users program.
- Manage more than one school (a school district), with shared teachers, all within the same instance of RosarioSIS (School Setup > Add a School / Copy School).
- You can create multiple calendars, each one with its own school days. You can then associate the right calendar to distinct course periods or categories of students.
- RosarioSIS can handle a school calendar made of numbered days. For example, with a school week of 3 days (day 1, day 2, day 3).
- RosarioSIS is flexible: you can setup Marking Periods to have 4 semesters and 12 quarters.
- You have a course that runs only on certain days, without a weekly pattern? Block periods instead of classical school Periods can be setup (School Setup > Periods). Then, just select which days has the block in the Calendar. Finally, a course period can be associated to that block.
- Keep track of credit hours of each course and display them in the Transcripts (Scheduling > Courses).
- Write personalized letters to students in bulk within RosarioSIS, ready to print!
- Print year wide attendance summaries to easily spot problems of absenteeism (Attendance > Attendance Summary).
- Add your own fields to the Find a Student screen (Users > My Preferences > Student Fields).
- Easily group students to later schedule them by group:
- add a “Group” field via the Students > Student Fields program.
- Assign the groups in bulk via the Students > Group Assign Student Info program.
- Add the “Group” field to the Find a Student screen via the Users > My Preferences > Student Fields program
- Let Students add their own Class Requests: check the “Can Edit” box for the Scheduling > Requests program in Users > Profiles.
- Self registered students are not automatically enrolled, yet they cannot login. You can enrolled them in group using the Students > Group Assign Student Info program. After having Included Inactive Students in your search, fill in the Attendance Start Date this School Year field.
- Administrators can easily share links within the Resources module.
- Any module you do not use can be deactivated (School Setup > School Configuration > Modules).
- If your students already have an ID or number, RosarioSIS can let you enter it when adding a new student (Students > Add a Student).
- Password lost? You can change the password of any user or student at any time.
- Requisites to generate Report Cards:
- Each course period must be associated to a grading scale (see Scheduling > Courses > Course Periods options).
- Teachers must post final grades (see Grades > Input Final Grades). To calculate the final grade as the assignment grades average, click the “Get Gradebook Grades” link.
- Teachers are allowed to post final grades within specific dates (see School Setup > Marking Periods).
- Students Rollover is based on:
- Rolling / Retention Options (see Students > Student Info > General Info tab).
- Next Grade (see School Setup > Grade Levels > Next Grade column).
- Alumni: want your alumni to keep access to their past year records? Create an “Alumni” Grade Level and set Next Grade to “Alumni” too. Your alumni will be able to access RosarioSIS until you drop them.
- You can upload all the students photos at once, directly in the assets/StudentPhotos/[school_year]/ folder. Just name the photos this way: 1.jpg where 1 is the student ID.
- Frame pictures can be uploaded to the assets/Frames/ folders to illustrate Honor Roll certificates.
- Food Service icons can be uploaded to the assets/FS_icons/ folder to illustrate Menu items.
- Rebrand RosarioSIS: replace RosarioSIS logo with your logo. Go to the assets/themes/WPadmin/ folder and replace the logo.png image file with your logo.
- Cannot install wkhtmltopdf? Pages will be output in HTML. Still, you can generate a PDF using your browser’s Print functionality. In Firefox, go to File > Print > Print to File and select PDF as Output format.
- Translate RosarioSIS: want to change that american english term for the one used in your locale? Create a new translation based on the locale/en_US.utf8/rosariosis.pot file and only change the terms you need.